Sensicomm LLC was started in 2003 by Joe Rothweiler to
provide research and development services in the areas of digital signal
processing, speech and audio analysis, and general signal processing. Services
include basic analysis, algorithm development, programming, and hardware
design and development.
2016-08: Codecs for LMR,
Talk about voice codecs for Land Mobile Radio on August 19, 2016.
Slides are posted. See my blog post at
2009-06: Open Source 100MHz A/D and Oscilloscope FPGA project
Speech analysis and encoding algorithm from Patent 5,668,925
From a tutorial on Turbo Codes (error-correcting codes for wireless data transmission).
DC motor controller with Atmel AVR uC and USB interface.
Member of the
Clients have included Sirius Satellite Radio, Agere Systems
(a department that is now part of Infineon), L-3 Communications, and
various smaller and start-up companies.
Previously I worked in R&D at companies including
Sanders A Lockheed-Martin Company (now part of BAE Systems).
Work included low-rate speech and audio
coding, voice analysis and processing, and communication system design and
Some highlights are a patent on the Polyphase Quadrature
Filter bank, very low rate (1000 bps and below) speech coding algorithms,
and work on the Sirius Satellite Radio audio compression components.
See the Publications and Projects links above for more information about some
I provide DSP-related consulting services such as
theoretical analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving on existing systems,
reverse engineering of old designs, training and tutorials.
Most projects are billed on a time & materials basis, but other contractural
arrangements such as teaming, fixed-price, royalties, etc will be considered.
Projects have ranged in length from a few days to several months. Reasonable amounts
of travel are OK.
- Mathematical analysis and development of algorithms.
- Digital filtering, FFT's, spectral analysis.
- Waveform modulation/demodulation (PSK, FSK, OFDM, ...).
- Error-correcting codes (Reed-Solomon, Convolutional, Golay, etc).
- Implementation in software (C/C++, Matlab, various uC or DSP assembly languages), Xilinx FPGA firmware.
- Hardware design and assembly for interfacing and specific processing functions.
- Designed projects using Atmel AVR, NXP (Philips) ARM microcontroller chips.
- FTDI and NXP USB interfaces.
- Switched capacitor analog circuits:
Anadigm Field Programmable
Analog Array (FPAA) and Cypress PSoC.
- Proposals - Experience with Gov't contracts, proposal writing.
- Presentations and training - Tutorials on DSP-related functions (FFT, Error-correcting codes, Signal demodulation, audio processing).
- Member of Analog Devices DSP Collaborative, supporting TigerSharc and BLACKFin processors.
For additional information, contact
+1 603 882 5688
See the About link at the top of the page for company address, DUNS, CAGE code, etc.
The website was reformatted and updated for 2009. If you're looking
for an older page, it might be here
Page last updated $Date: 2009/07/28 18:28:01 $